Saint Mary Catholic School—Keeping Spirit and Faith in Education!
- Founded: 1927
- Recognition: Accredited by AdvancEd/SACS/CASI
- Grade Levels: Preschool 4 – 8th Grade, one class at each level Demographics:
- Catholic Students 44% Non-Catholic Students 56%
- Majority Students 87% Minority Students 13% Class Size: Preschool—up to 20 students Kindergarten—up to 26 students 1st –
8th Grade—25 – 30 students
- School Hours: 8:05 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Extended Care Hours: 7 – 8:05 a.m.; 3:00 – 5:30 p.m. (additional cost) Calendar: Traditional—mid-August until first week of June
- Technology: Mimeo “Smartboards” in most classrooms, mobile iPad cart coming soon, Accelerated Reader, STAR Reader
- Service Projects: food drives for St. Vincent de Paul Society, Christmas gifts for children identified by Health Dept. workers, other financial collections for local agencies and foundations as needed, volunteer hours to Meals on Wheels (middle school students), North Drive Elementary School (middle school students), Re-nu Life Rehabilitation Facility (middle school students)
- Preschool: Students must be 4 by August 31 of entrance year. Full day program; Monday, Wednesday and Friday or 5-day program available
- Lunch: students may bring lunch from home. Optional hot lunch for additional charge. Additional charge for milk service. Menus published one month in advance.
- Uniforms: All students in grades 1 – 8 wear uniforms; preschool and kindergarten students wear play clothes. Uniform supplier is - Educational Outfitters in Cary (www.educationaloutfitters.com )
- Extra-curricular activities: Geography Bee, Spelling Bee, Math Counts, Soccer, Middle School Basketball, Middle School Cheerleading, choir
- Instrumental lessons, including violin, available for additional cost
- Preschool – 1st grade: Full-time teacher and full-time assistant - 2nd – 4th grade: Full-time teacher and part-time assistant - 5th – 8th grade: Departmentalized teachers
- “Special” Classes: Art, Music, Physical Education, Technology, Media, Spanish